Rice Funeral Service has been serving the Claremore area since 1945 when Opal and
Thornton “T. G.” Rice, a third-generation funeral director, purchased the property
at 223 W. Patti Page. Long a funeral home site, the property had previously been
owned by the Musgrove family, who sold it during the war. The business changed hands
when Mr. Rice’s health failed and eventually Kathy Dopp became the sole owner and
In 1995, Kathy expanded her services and relocated the funeral
home to its present location of the Mildred Kight property, a short distance east
at 631 E. Will Rogers Blvd., enabling her to build a 7,500 square foot facility.
Kathy’s vision for the facility is “a place for the community to come and be comfortable
and be served.”
Since 1995, Rice Funeral Service at its “new” home has been carrying
on the tradition of T. G. Rice’s commitment to excellence in the funeral care business.